Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So in the morning I leave for Europe to take part in a conference called "CONNECT" with Christian Associates. Christian Associates is a church planting ministry that is reaching the continent of Europe. Every year they host this conference to bring together their church planters and those interested in the vision of reaching Europe.
Did you know that 600 million people live in Europe and less than 5% of them attend church regularly? And of the churches they might choose to attend, very few of them offer a relevant and Biblical view of life and the gospel. As a result, less then 2% of those 600 million profess faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. Most Europeans believe that God is a myth and that the Bible is irrelevant.
There is a great need in Europe for vibrant Christians to share their faith in Jesus and make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20). So, I am looking forward to meeting Christians who are doing just that! Connect Conference will be full of vibrant Christians who are burdened to share the gospel in Europe. I look forward to my time with these church planters. I am eager to ask them questions about their work and how they are reaching the post modern ,secular humanists of Europe. I am increasingly aware of secular humanism's handprint on our own society and I think spending time in Europe will teach me much about reaching my own culture.
I will do my best to share what I am learning along the way. Oh, I almost forgot! I am reading a book that all the church planters with Christian Associates have read. It's called the "Forgotten Ways" by Alan Hirsch. It's all about missions and church. So feel free to read along with me and post any comments you have about it.
Ok, I gotta get some shut eye before a big day of travel!
Blessings,
Amy

4 comments:

Karen said...

We will be thinking about you and praying for you, that you will be safe and stay healthy. We know that this trip is full of God's purpose for you! You are special to our family!

amy said...

You're posting again!! Woohoo!! Can't wait to hear all about what the Lord has planned for you in Europe. Praying for you!!!

Sher said...

How fun is this! Can't wait to read about your adventures! Travel safe!

RC said...

wow...i can't wait to see pictures and hear about everything your experiencing.