Friday, July 25, 2008


We Arrived!!!

After 29 hours of travel we finally reached our destination! We are tired, but we made it.
We are spending our first few days with some good friends here in Marseille. Marseille is a port city so it is very international. And being a port city, that means there is a beach! We plan to take a dip in the Mediterranean today. We will also check out the old city of Marseille and find out more about it's diverse culture. We learned last night while eating dinner that some of the Campbell's friends here just found out that their child has cancer of the blood. Please pray for this child and pray that as the Campbells try to encourage these friends that the love of Jesus would shine through and that they will be more ready to receive the gospel as a result.

Last night our friends cooked us an awesome French meal! I had to take pics of the food! I love pretty and tasty food. And believe me, this meal was more than tasty, it was heavenly!

Salad with goat cheese (the best goat cheese I have ever had. These French don't play when it comes to cheese!)


We also had a beautiful main course of pork medallions with fromage sauce (that would be another word for cheese). Yes, we are in the land of cheese and I love it!
If you are still reading, please pray for Amber and I and our travel plans to Vienna on Saturday. It seems that the Eurail system is pretty booked this time of year and we are having to really work hard to get from Marseille to our conference outside of Vienna. I know we will get there, but I am thinking its going to be tricky. So please pray that we can make connections. Thank you!
Amy

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad to read you made it! Give Mentanna my best ... You're in my prayers.

AprilJ said...

Amy ! Everything sounds fabulous. Will be praying for all the details in addition to the bigger picture. Keep the updates coming, AK isn't very European so I get to live vicariously through you these next weeks.