Monday, September 08, 2008

I am jet lagging! I have been home for over a week and am just now getting to the final part of my trip review. Not sure if anyone will still be interested, but I want finish what I started!


August 13 – 20 Madrid, Spain.
I am so thankful to Amy Swacina and the Oasis Madrid church for their hospitality. Oasis Madrid was started by some Christian Associates missionaries. It’s a fantastic church, dedicating to loving the city of Madrid with the gospel. I joined their team one day to pass out food to the homeless. Every Friday they pack 24 lunches to give out to folks who live on the streets of their neighborhood. They have been doing this for two years and as a result, developed real friendships. The gospel is shared very naturally as they give hugs and hand out a lunch. Inevitably someone will always ask, ‘why are you doing this?” Kelly told me the best answer she has for them is that Jesus said that we are to share our possessions. She says it’s a basic Christian teaching. I went away from my time with Oasis Madrid realizing that I don’t share like that near enough. Thank you for the great admonition to love others as I would like to be loved!
I also spent time with my dear friends the Wilsons who also live in Madrid. Traveling solo can get lonely so it was very timely to see some old friends. We laughed, caught up on life, and rejoiced at Levi’s 4th bday party. The party was complete with a Nemo Pinata for all the kids to enjoy. What fu to see the Wilson’s enjoying their lives in Madrid and meet many of their wonderful friends.

No comments: