Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 2 – 6 Kandern, Germany.
I visited with my friends the Ellis’s who work with SIL. They live in the beautiful Black Forest which borders France and Switzerland. We took an outing to France one day and visited a midievil castle (pictured right). I so enjoyed a time of refreshment with them and also a time of learning about the ministries in that region. It turns out that Kandern is home to quite a few organizations (IMB, SIL, JANZ, GEM). I visited three different ministry headquarters, met leaders, and learned more about Europe. It was here where I learned that the attrition rate for missionaries in Europe is the highest in the entire world. Wow. I had no idea.

One ministry I learned about was the JANZ team. The JANZ team ministers in Europe through gospel music. They have a beautiful recording studio and Danny Plett, a worship leader with JANZ, gave me the tour. As a fellow worship leader, I was very interested in their studio. It is beautiful and well equpped. I must confess I was a little jealous of the Steinway piano!










Below is a pic of Kandern, Germany. Isn't it beautiful and quintessentially Bavarian? I just love the flower boxes.


Below is the fun Ellis family. I know this is a random shot of their family, but I love it. We all had a fun day touring the castle in France.












No comments: