Sunday, August 24, 2008

Over the next few posts I am going to do a Europe 2008 Trip Summary. I have broken it into dates and places. I think this is the easiest way to share what I have experienced. Thanks for reading!


July 24-26 Marseille, France. Visited with my friends, Scott and Mentanna. We talked about lots of things, but the main thing I took away from my time with them is that the soil is very hard in Europe (If you have a minute, read the parable of the soils in Luke 8). Imagine a farmer having to overturn a rocky field. That is what life is like here, slow, hard work. Planting churches here doesn't happen quickly like it does in other parts of the world. It takes constant preparation of the soil and consistent scattering of seed.

In my observations of Europe, I think that most Europeans are overall confused about the message of Christianity and the Bible. This coupled with the great wealth most enjoy creates major stumbling blocks for the gospel to be heard. But, I have had some wonderful conversations with people about my life as a follower of Jesus and they were very receptive. Unforuntately the God of the Scriptures has not been represented well for hundreds of years in this part of the world. (The Crusades are a major hurdle, and rightly so). But if someone lives authentic Christ-likeness in the world, people take note. That type of living gives one the right to be heard.

So my question today is this, am I living authentic Christ likeness? Am I living in a way that honors the teachings of Christ and gives voice to the love of God? If not, then should the world even listen to me? The more I see a world hungering for real love, forgiveness, truth, healing, help, friendship, acceptance, joy, patience, and life, the more I want to share that it is all found in one person... Jesus.

Let's walk the walk.

No comments: