Sunday, August 17, 2008

I have participated in three very diverse church services since being in Europe. It has been wonderful! Last Sunday, I worshipped at the Arabic Christian Church in Brussels. They welcomed me with open arms and even invited me to share a song with them. So, I shared my song, "Lord I Praise You" along with that song story. It was a very encouraging time. I loved listening as this church sang "Father I adore You" in Arabic. It was beautiful.

Here are a few pics of my time with my friends in Brussels.

These are my treasured friends Janee and Hary. It is because of my friendship with Janee that I even had the privilege to meet everyone at the Arabic Christian Church of Brussels. Janee and I met in seminary. She is now an English teacher in Brussels and is engaged to Hary, a wonderful Christian man who loves Jesus with all his heart. They will marry on Sept 6 and I am so thankful I got to meet Hary before he marries my friend! Hary, you passed inspection! Janee, I am so happy for you! Thank you for a wonderful time in your home. You both really blessed me more than words can say.



This is Buchra. Buchra prayed for me during the worship service in French. I was very blessed by that. Even when you can't understand, in the Spirit you know that God is blessing your life through the prayer of a sister.

The other two church experiences have been in Madrid. Right now I am in Madrid and really enjoying myself. CA has two teams located in this area. One team planted a church in the suburbs, about 45 minutes outside of the city (Mountainview). The other team is in the city center (Oasis Madrid). I have been staying with a gal who works for Oasis Madrid. Last night we had house church at her apartment. It was wonderful as we heard Troy tell us the story of Onesimus in dramatic story telling style. It was incredible. And one of the gals, Kelly, led us in worship. (Kelly is in the middle of the pic below) This morning I attended Mountainview and played with their worship band. They rocked! I have really enjoyed Madrid. Here is a pic of one of my outings with the girls here!


No comments: